- 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (2 cups – optional, sub one cup of another type of cheese such as shredded smoked gouda or cheddar, depending on your preferences)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice plus zest of one lemon (optional)
- 1 medium green onion, chopped fine
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (I like mixing in whatever nuts I have on-hand such as almonds or cashews)
Mix all ingredients besides nuts in a bowl. Chill for about 30 minutes.
Scoop mixture onto wax paper in a large “ball” shape or a tube shape, if you’re making a log.
Wrap the mixture in the paper and use the paper to shape your ball or log. Chill again for another 30 minutes.
Spread your chopped nuts out on a plate or cutting board. Roll the ball or log in the nuts, using your hands to press them lightly in so they stick. Use additional chopped nuts if you need them.
Variation: Add chopped dried fruit such as cranberries, apricots or figs to the nuts or to the cheese mixture, depending on your preference.