This is a cute and original little way to get some veggies into the mix with appetizers for the big game, family gatherings, or any time you’ve got a crowd. My dad used to make this every year at our Christmas Eve party, and it went fast.
- 1 8-ounce can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1/2 cup raw cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raw broccoli, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- Spread crescent rolls on a 12-inch round, un-greased pizza pan, pressing all seams together.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Cool pizza crust.
- Blend cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill, and minced onion until smooth.
- Spread mixture on cooled crust.
- Mix together raw vegetables and sprinkle over cream cheese mixture. Top with green onions and shredded carrots.
- Lightly press above into the top. Chill until served.
- Cut into squares for serving.
- Add or omit any fresh vegetable combination you like.
- Optional: Add a teaspoon of garlic powder to the cream cheese mix.
- Try different “concepts” like buffalo chicken with blue cheese, carrots, and celery, or antipasto, with basil, chopped olives, fresh tomatoes, and so on.
This recipe is adapted from the Creme de Colorado Cookbook.
2 Comments Add yours
This sounds quite lovely will have to print it out to try, thanks for the recipe
You’re welcome! Be sure to check out the ideas at the end to make variations. It is a very friendly recipe.