Here’s a basic lesson in making clarified butter.
- Melt one or two sticks of butter in a small sauce pan.
- Remove pan from burner.
- Wait several minutes (the milk solids will then sink to the bottom.
- Use a mesh skimmer (a slotted spoon can also be used), skim off and discard any foam from the top.
- Carefully pour the butter into a bowl. The goal is to leave behind the solids that have dropped to the bottom of the pan. Discard the solids
- Store butter covered in fridge for use later, or reheat to serve immediately.
- Viola! That’s all it takes!