- 8 oz pasta (I like spaghetti or fusilli for this recipe)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup mazithra cheese (more if you want, but it is a big flavor so start there), shredded
- Prepare pasta per package instructions for Al dente, in salted water.
- Meanwhile, brown the butter in a sauce pan, watching for a light brown color and bubbling. Be careful not to burn the butter.
- Drain but do not rinse the pasta.
- Pour butter over the pasta and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle the mazithra cheese over the pasta and toss to coat.
Notes: This is amazing on its own, but I also like serving it with pasta and marinara or meat sauce sauce on the same plate with garlic bread and a Caesar salad on the side. This way is inspired by The Manager’s Favorite on the menu at The Old Spaghetti Factory.
If you’re unfamiliar with Mazithra cheese, you’ll be delighted to discover it. It is a hard, bold Greek cheese that doesn’t need much to blow your mind. If you have trouble finding it, ask your cheese monger (the people working at the cheese section of your local grocery). It also lasts a long time in the fridge and you don’t need much to work with. Feel free to ask me questions.