- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups quick cooking grits
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease 9 x 11 casserole dish or Dutch oven.
- In 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, heat butter, salt, 1 1/2 cups milk, and 2 cups water to boiling.
- Gradually stir in grits, stirring constantly with a whisk to prevent lumps.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Note: the grits will be very stiff at this stage.
- Remove from heat
- Blend in cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk hot pepper sauce, garlic, pepper, eggs, and 2 cups of milk until blended.
- Gradually stir grits mixtures into egg mixture.
- Pour grits into casserole dish
- Bake 45 minutes, uncovered, until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
One Comment Add yours