Happy 80th Birthday Dad!
The following recipe is (entirely unedited) from my dad’s mom. I am publishing it for my dad’s 80th birthday and spoiler alert, when he visits in a couple of days he may or may not be having these along with his favorite birthday dinner she made for him as a kid, “Belgian Oven Dinner“. I will also serve the noodles (if any are left) with my mom’s family recipe for Swedish Meatballs.
- 2 1/2 cups flour sifted
- 3 eggs beaten well
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. salt * see note
- Sift Baking Powder and salt in flour.
- Beat eggs well.
- Mix all.
- Flour hands to handle.
- Use lots of flour and roll the dough out thin.
- Let the mixture dry then turn.
- Dry and roll into a long tube then cut into 1/4-inch wide rolls; spread the noodles on a flat surface and let them dry a bit.
- Boil salted water and drop dough ribbons in carefully and cook until andante.
- Add chicken and chicken broth if you want chicken and noodles.
Source: Margaret Fouch