- 1 pound elbow macaroni (you can switch up to different pasta shapes, at your own risk)
- 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups shredded cheese (I like cheddar and gouda but use what you like)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Combine macaroni, four cups water and one tablespoon salt in your Instant Pot.
- Lock the lid for cooking.
- Set to cook on high for four minutes.
- Wait for the cycle to be complete before releasing lid.
- Unlock and remove the lid and switch to the low setting.
- Stir in the evaporated milk, butter, and 1/4 cup water.
- Add the cheese in small batches, stirring until the cheese is melted.
Salt and pepper to taste, but also experiment with spices such as smoked paprika, garlic powder or any other spices or herbs you’re comfortable with. Serve as a main dish or as a side.
Be sure to try my most popular mac and cheese recipe here.
One Comment Add yours