- pizza dough room temperature
- 4 sticks mozzarella string cheese cut into 16 pieces (you can use any cheese you like with a similar consistency)
- pretzel (course) salt to taste
For Baking Soda Bath
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Cut a small ball of pizza dough and flatten slightly.
- Place a piece of cheese in the center.
- Wrap the cheese completely with the dough, pinching the dough to seal the edges.
- Repeat with all the pieces.
- Make the baking soda water bath: Bring water and baking soda to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-high. Drop a few pretzel bites at a time into the water, and allow to boil for about 10-15 seconds. Use a slotted spoon to remove them, allowing any excess water to drip off before placing them on the lined baking sheet.
- While the pretzels are still wet, sprinkle with pretzel salt. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the pretzels turn a deep golden brown. Cool slightly before serving.