- 2 lb pizza dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup pepperoni
- 1/2 cup salami
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 475 °F.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with oil.
- Divide the dough into 8 equally sized pieces.
- Roll each piece into a 1/4″ thick circle.
- Place fillings on half of each circle (pizza sauce, ricotta, pepperoni, salami, and shredded mozzarella). Leave the edges clean to allow for sealing the fillings in.
- Fold the empty side over the filling and crimp the edges using your fingers or a fork. Be careful to get as much air out before sealing, and also try not to poke holes in the dough with the fillings. Practice will help over time.
- Place calzones on a baking sheet, evenly spaced. Cut a vent on the top of each calzone. Brush the tops with oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and if you like add garlic powder and italian seasoning.
- Bake for about 15 minutes depending on your oven (watch for golden brown crust).
Notes: Be sure to make this your own. Adjust the recipe to include the ingredients you like, and see how they do in your oven, as ovens can vary quite a bit. Try higher heat or bake longer if you need to do so.