- 1 pound lean ground beef (or 1/2 pound beef, 1/2 pound Italian sausage)
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- pepperoni slices
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- mushrooms, sliced (1 cup)
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a skillet, brown ground beef; drain.
- Stir in pizza sauce and oregano, and then onion, parsley, bell pepper & pepperoni.
- Simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Spoon mixture onto buns.
- Top with cheese and mushrooms.
Optional: place all under a broiler on a cookie sheet to melt and bubble the cheese.