- 1 lb.ground beef, chicken, bison, or turkey
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
- cooking spray
- pizza dough
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Brown meat over medium-high heat. Drain if necessary, and return to skillet. Add tomato sauce and cook until sauce bubbles slightly.
- While meat cooks, coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Roll pizza crust dough to approximate rectangular shape to fit into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Press dough into the dish and halfway up the sides.
- Top pizza crust with meat mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 425° for 12 minutes.
- Top with cheese, and bake 5-10 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese melts. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
If you feel adventurous, add additional “pizza toppings” to your meat and sauce mixture, making sure to cook out excess moisture from those ingredients. Suggestions include green pepper, onion, mushrooms, olives, ham, or whatever you enjoy on your pizza.