If you’re looking for something healthy that makes a great lunch or dinner, and can be made vegetarian or vegan by eliminating the shrimp, this is a great option. Start by tossing the veggies in oil and seasonings, make a simple dressing, and while you roast the veggies, sautee the shrimp, and make farro. This is great warm or cold so if you like prepping meals ahead of time this is an ideal option!
- 4 cups diced squash (whatever you have from the garden should be just fine)
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans)
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 10-15 Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered or halved (depending on size)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/4 cups farro (prepare per package instructions)
- Juice and zest from 2 limes
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp (if you eliminate the shrimp, try adding baked tofu or your favorite meat replacement)
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Toss all vegetables in oil and one teaspoon of salt. Spread onto baking sheet. Roast about twenty minutes or so until veggies are browned. Chickpeas should be crisp.
- Meanwhile, prepare farro, then toss with half of the lime juice, olive oil and remaining salt.
- Sautee shrimp.
- Mix yogurt, lime zest and remaining lime juice.
- In bowls or prep containers, layer farro, roasted vegetables, shrimp, avocado, and then dollop with dressing.