Like my Queso Compuesto post, I’ll keep it brief, but I want to intro this recipe with a little background. Never, before I moved to Austin, Texas, had I heard of, let alone sipped on a Mexican Martini. Basically, it is as if a Margarita took a Martini on an adventure and they got a little tipsy together. I believe it would have looked a little like my illustration:
So now that you’ve got an idea about the drink, here ya go!
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce Cointreau liqueur
- 1 -2 ounces Grand Marnier
- 1 ounce orange juice
- juice of 1/2 lime
- optional: simple syrup to taste
- splash of green olive brine
- green olives for garnish
- Combine all ingredients besides olives in a shaker over ice and shake.
- Serve over ice in martini glasses rimmed with salt.
- Garnish with a toothpick of 3-5 stuffed olives depending on their size.