Flavorful, colorful and one of my favorite dishes to serve aside any Mexican food.
- 1 cup long-grain (white) rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion diced small
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 small yellow pepper, diced small
- 1/2 green onion, diced small
- 1/2 cup corn (optional)
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1½ cups chicken or vegetable stock (for vegetarian)
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, add olive oil, onion, bell pepper, and garlic over medium heat until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add rice and mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Add tomato sauce, stock, and all remaining ingredients, stirring to mix thoroughly.
- Place a lid on the pot and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Fluff with a fork before serving.
Optional garnish: Pico de Gallo