Depending on how you cut these, you can make chips or smaller crispy strips for garnishing soup or salads. You can eat them right away or store in an airtight container for a couple of days. If you have my first cookbook The Soup Pot, you’ll note that there is a similar recipe in the back of the book for these crispy strips to put on your Tortilla Soup from the book as well.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- Coat both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray.
- In a prep bowl, combine chili powder and lime juice.
- Brush lime and chili powder mixture onto both sides of each tortilla.
- Dust lightly with salt.
- Cut tortillas into quarters for chips, or in thin strips for, you got it…strips.
- Place cut pieces onto a baking sheet (I use parchment to prevent sticking), and bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on your oven. Halfway through, you may wish to turn the strips or chips.
3 Comments Add yours
Great post 😁
Thanks! Let me know what you think if you make them!