This is a very basic recipe, and you can tweak it to your liking. I like it spicy so I add more jalapeno. Some people salt and pepper to taste. Sub in lime juice for lemon if you prefer, or even just squeeze some in too before serving.
- 3-4 avocados, peeled, pit removed
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice, more to taste
- 1 tomato, diced small
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place avocado and lime juice in a medium prep bowl, mash avocado with a fork to desired consistency and mix the lime or lemon juice thoroughly. This adds flavor, and will also help prevent browning of your avocado.
- Mix in all other ingredients.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for an hour or more.
You may wish to add more garlic, lime juice, jalapeno or even some of your favorite hot sauce or cilantro to get the flavor you like. Serve as a dip or condiment. Try making guacamole tostadas and top with pico de gallo, shredded lettuce, and fresh diced tomatoes.