This can be made on the stove quickly or slow-cooked while you relax.
- 2 – 3 chicken breasts
- 2 carrots, cubed
- 2 spines celery, cut 1/3 inch pieces
- 1 onion, diced medium
- 1 jar tomatillo salsa
- 6 cups stock
- 24 oz can black beans
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- 1 jar or can enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup Masa
Optional: hominy, squash, dry food yeast, corn starch to thicken.
- Prep ahead: Marinate chicken overnight in tomatillo salsa.
- Combine all other ingredients besides onion in a saucepot or slow cooker on a low setting.
- Place onion and chicken marinade mixture in a casserole pan in a 350-degree oven for about one hour, turning every 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and onion mix to the main pot.
Stovetop up to medium, stirring occasionally for 25 minutes or Slowcooker on low 4-6 hours or high 2-4 hours.
Serve with cheese, sour cream, green onions, corn chips, salsa, hot sauce.
Vegetarian/vegan – replace the chicken stock with vegetable stock. Replace chicken with more vegetables.