Rainbow Sprinkles Birthday Cake
This recipe for a cute rainbow sprinkles birthday cake is fun to make, and kids can help make and/or decorate it. Serve it with ice cream and have an old-fashioned birthday party!
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles, plus more for the top of the cake
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 9″ round cake pans
- In a small bowl, mix egg whites, 1/4 cup milk, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix in butter.
- Mix in remaining milk to flour and butter mixture.
- Mix in the egg white mixture.
- Fold in the sprinkles.
- Divide batter evenly into cake pans.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool completely
- Stack cakes with a layer of icing between them.
- Ice the cake.
- Decorate the top of the cake with more sprinkles.