EXTENDED DEADLINE! MARCH 15, 2019
Okay, so I’m once again pushing back the deadline due to my own schedule becoming unruly with my AFBA Austin City Dining Guide deadline taking over my world for a minute. Thanks to those of you who have submitted your recipes, and please keep them coming!
Last Fall I put out a call for input for a recipe challenge. The experience inspired some amazing recipe writing and lots of great cooking, so I’m doing it again. This time I put it to my facebook community to pick a theme and “Meatless Mondays” got the most votes. A close second: Instant Pot. So that will be coming next.
If you’re interested, here’s the challenge:
- Write an original recipe (you can use other recipes for inspiration or proportions, but don’t steal a recipe please).
- Test the recipe. If it is a winner, move to #3. If it is not, tweak or start over…that is what recipe writing is all about!
- Take a few photos. Photos can be ingredients, the process of cooking, and/or finished and plated results.
- Email your recipe and photos to email@example.com and let me know if you want your name shared. If you have a food or cooking blog, I’m happy to include a link.
- You’re already a winner! This isn’t a contest, just a challenge for those who love to create and to inspire some yummy Fall recipes!
- No meat allowed. No fish, pork, poultry, beef, lamb (you get the drift).
- Make any kind of dish or dishes worthy of dinner. This can be a one-dish meal like soup, stew, pies, casseroles, or it can be a single main course. If you are doing a main-course that requires sides, please suggest sides that go well with your dish.
- Send photos and recipes by March 15, 2019, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have fun!
That’s it! Email email@example.com if you have questions, and to submit your recipes and photos.
I’m looking forward to seeing what people come up with, and I’ll update this post with a link to the results once they’re posted.