My favorite bagel is the everything bagel, so I wanted to make a spice and seed blend to use on my homemade bread, and a variety of other things.
Check out my recipe, and then my suggestions for use and the shopping list with links.
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon flaked (or any course) salt – optional
- Toast all seeds in a dry pan until fragrant.
- Blend all ingredients in a small prep bowl.
- Store in an airtight container for up to six months.
- Sprinkle on baked bread during the egg wash stage
- Add to sour cream for dip
- Add to cream cheese for sandwiches or bagels
- Sprinkle on vegetables, eggs, tomatoes, salads, cottage cheese, macaroni & cheese
- Sprinkle on Ramen or other soup such as pho or even potato soup.
Be creative. Keep it near your salt and pepper for a few weeks until you’re used to using it on all kinds of things. You may also tweak it to contain more or less of each ingredient, depending on your preference.
This would make a cute party favor or hostess gift if packaged in one or two-ounce spice containers and decorated with bakers twine or a ribbon. In my photo, you can see that I’ve put mine into a cute jar that I’m re-using from a baby shower favor gift.
Each item is linked to purchase from amazon.com. When you use my links, there are no additional costs to you, and it helps to support M Delish Boutique. I have tried all of the products I’ve linked. Thank you for your support!
One Comment Add yours