Savory Pumpkin & Squash Recipe Challenge Recipe #7
This is the first of two submissions by contributor Ashley Blom, author, food blogger and she’s also been featured on this blog as a Real Home Cook. Learn more about her here. Here’s her other submission to the challenge, Vegan Low Carb Pumpkin Sage Bisque.
Pumpkin Risotto with Roasted Garlic
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth (use vegetable for vegetarian)
- 1/4 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 bulb garlic, roasted (cut top off garlic, drizzle with olive oil, bake in tinfoil at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until insides are soft)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach (or 1 cup fresh)
- salt and pepper
- drizzle of oil + 1 tbsp butter
- Warm the oil and butter over medium heat, until melted. Add the onion and cook until just soft. Then, add the rice and stir until it has absorbed all the liquid.
- Add the wine and stir until the rice has absorbed all the liquid. Repeat with the broth, adding by the quarter cup until all liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the pumpkin, roasted garlic, and spinach. Check the tenderness of the rice. If it is not done (should be soft, not hard or sticky, thick but does not hold shape) add more wine and broth in alternating batches, letting the liquid absorb each time.
- Add the cheese and salt and pepper, to taste. Serve.
2 Comments Add yours