Savory Pumpkin & Squash Recipe Challenge Recipe #4
This submission is from Ashley Maiberger, a fellow food blogger here in Austin, Texas. Check out her blog here for more amazing recipes.
Pumpkin Cauliflower Soup
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 large carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, finely chopped*
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (32 fluid ounce) vegetable or chicken broth – I used Central Market Organic
- 1 (27 fluid ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Head Cauliflower, roughly chopped
- Sauté the onion, celery, and carrot in a large pot on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the pot, stir, and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the vegetable broth, pumpkin purée, dried thyme, and cumin.
- Add the cauliflower and bring to boil.
- Simmer the soup on low heat for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables have softened.
- Purée the soup in using an immersion blender. I suggest letting the soup cool for a bit first.
- The soup will be quite thick. You can add water or broth to thin it out a bit (I added an extra cup).
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
One Comment Add yours