This recipe comes to me via my aunt Shirley, my Dad’s Sister, and an amazing cook. Every Christmas Eve my parents hosted an open house for all of the neighbors, some friends and co-workers, and family of said guests. It went on for hours, and the dining room was converted into a buffet for hot brisket sandwiches, trays of snacks and cookies, and casseroles brought by various neighbors. But my favorite spot was in the kitchen, where my mom would set up the fondue pot filled with Crab Fondue.
This crowd-pleaser works for any season and is perfect for entertaining during the holidays.
Pro-tip: Double The Recipe. It is amazing in ravioli, omelets, grilled sandwiches…dream on!
Aunt Shirley’s Holiday Perfect Crab Fondue
- 3 8-ounce Packs Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup white wine (1/3 to 2/3, adding as needed)
- 1/4 teaspoon Lawry’s seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 cans crab meat (get the good stuff, it is worth it)